ABOUT US

       College of Nursing, St. Martha’s Hospital, run by the Sisters of the Good Shepherd, is a Catholic Institution.  The Congregation of the Sisters of the Good Shepherd was established in Angers, France, in 1835, by St. Mary Euphrasia Pelletier.  

School of Nursing, St. Martha’s Hospital started in the year 1933 and was upgraded to College of Nursing in the year 1998.
     
The main objectives of the Diploma and Degree Courses are to prepare the students through appropriate educational programmes and clinical training, and to assume, in due course, responsibilities as professional nurses in the primary, secondary and tertiary levels of care of the sick and to build them up mentally, emotionally and physically, through guidance and supervision, for such responsibilities.